• Of the nearly 4500 World-known mammal species of 1000 types of bats.
  • Bats are not rodents kin. Vaisiaėdžius bats even want to assign to the primate.
  • From 1000 bat species only 3 types of agents in animal feed on the blood of (They do not live in Lithuania) and one drink only at meals 20-40 ml of blood. Other 70% species of bats feed on insects, animals, and the remaining 30% – Fruit, nectar. The majority of bats living in the tropics there distributes trees, floral, shrub seeds, fruit.
  • The current bat ancestors lived since before the 50 million years, and their appearance on these days flying differed very little.
  • Some bats live over 30 years.
  • Bats reproduce slowly. Females usually birth to only one chick a year.
  • The largest bat colony - about 20-40 million individuals - in the United States in the cave Braken.
  • Some animals are not only catching insects flying with, but jogging in the ground or tree branches ropodami.
  • Bats not cut slots; resting, they hang upside down or įsispraudžia the slots. Only a dozen species of bats are getting yourself shelters - tents made from leaves.
  • The biggest bat living in Lithuania - brown owl. Its body length is about 8 cm, weight can reach 36 g, and the distance between the tips of the wings are unfolded 37 cm.
  • Minimum Lithuania bat - pipistrelle dwarf. His body just 4 centimeters in length, and it weighs 4-6 grams.
  • Longest ear has a quick-eared brown. They are almost the same length as the body. Winter time quick-eared ears "hiding" under the wings.
  • The biggest travelers - brown primrose. During migrations they migrate 1600 kilometers. Dkrenda they hibernate in the Czech Republic, Germany, Holland.
  • Bats rarely settles bell towers. They prefer places without drafts and Web.
  • Rabies affects less than 0,5% around the world bat.
  • Bats does not get involved in the hair. They are good navigators and notes even the hair thick objects, the occurrence of road.
  • Saliva in a particular active ingredient prevents the victim's blood clot bat. This material disperses blood clots in various parts of the body. Anticoagulant bat saliva feature normalizes the flow of blood and oxygen flow to the brain.
  • China bats are respected. Here they are considered a symbol of good luck and happiness.
  • Scotland from the old days says the lingering belief, that if before quietly flown bat begins to dissipate rapidly rising up and attacking the Earth, it means, that struck witch Hour, where they can manage all the special protection of people without.
  • Russia superstitious people used to carry a dead shriveled bats grudges hoping to secure health and happiness.
  • Southeast Australia living in tribal people believe, the bat life is connected with human life, and if you kill a bat, it is a shortening of human life.
  • Scottish colony of bats living in the home increases the value of the home.
  • Mexican species of bats living representatives can climb two miles from the earth's surface. At altitudes they "catch" the wind. Wind gust removes them long distances 60 miles per hour.
Google GmailEmailFacebook